Leadership Development Workshops
Drawing on decades of experience developing and facilitating workshops, focus groups, reviews and retreats, I will work with you to design and deliver a program which keeps participants engaged and meets the objectives you want to achieve from the day.
In a complimentary “discovery” meeting, we will discuss what’s important for your group/team – this might be a skill gap, a shift in thinking your organisation is trying to make, or something you want to see more of in your leaders.
- Perhaps you want to create a feedback culture.
- Maybe you want people to start having tough conversations.
- Build the resilience of your leaders.
- Develop greater empathy by listening to understand.
- Get people thinking more strategically.
- Start conversations about personal purpose and how this links to organisational success.
Individual Leadership Development Plans
When incorporating individual leadership development into a group workshop, I can recommend a range of diagnostic tools which can be utilised prior to a workshop to identify leadership strengths and areas for improvement.
Other reports can be used to reveal the spectrum of Best Self (positive and productive) and Shadow (sometimes subtle, but always negative, unproductive and automatic) behaviours exhibited by people.
For some diagnostic reports it is appropriate for individual debriefs to be arranged prior to a group workshop, but in other cases a team debrief can be incorporated into the workshop. The purpose of a team debrief is to understand the personal strengths of each team member, as well as any potential challenges and how these might impact on the team’s performance.
“Julie Lines was professional, positive, and open-minded to tailoring a program to our school’s needs. Her ability to effortlessly weave contemporary research into our workshop enabled students to experience the breadth and depth of her skills. As active participants, we trusted Julie in moments when she provoked our thinking and challenged our preconceptions and assumptions. Julie took time to listen to us as individuals, to personalise our program requirements, and to check in along the way. We look forward to having Julie back with us in the future”. Assistant Principal, SA High School (2019)
Focus on Experiential Learning
When it comes to running workshops, I adopt a highly experiential approach. Each module included in the workshop will include some background information about the topic of interest, highlighting any relevant current research; sharing of some relevant tools or strategies; and the opportunity for participants to reflect on and apply the new learning to a real-life challenge they are experiencing.
Feedback on Julie’s Facilitation
Julie was really great at listening to what we were saying and understanding where we were coming from. She presented in a professional manner and every individual was treated with respect.
More more more please.
Julie was sensational.
Interesting and engaging.
Julie was focused, engaging and helpful.
Thank you [Julie] for the gentle, firm, confident presentation that allowed us to be present, learn and engage”.
Team Planning Days, Focus Groups and Debriefs
I am experienced in the facilitation of team planning days, focus groups and debriefs. Unlike large firms who deliver formulaic programs, I do not believe there is a “one size fits all” approach. Instead, I will work closely with you and your executive team to develop an agenda which is tailored to your group.
- I will help you design and prepare a tailored workshop agenda, based on the outcomes you have established.
- I will use an approach (or variety of approaches) that best fit the needs of the group.
- I will structure the session(s) to create energy and maximise creativity.
- I will honour the wisdom of the group. I will foster open participation, with respect for participant diversity.
- I will manage participant interaction, creating opportunities for everyone to have a say and drawing-out participants with different thinking styles.
- I will create a safe environment, in which issues can be surfaced.
- I will bring an independent view, which also helps me keep the day on track.
- I will ensure group members are fully engaged in discussion, while I focus on process and documenting outcomes.
For more information about facilitation, workshops or group coaching please call me on 0410 403 607, or email email@example.com