Julie is an accomplished leadership coach, with extensive management experience and a passion for growing individuals and teams. She is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF) - the only global professional coaching body – and current President of ICF’s South Australia Branch.
With more than two decades of experience as a senior leader, mentor and coach, Julie is committed to coaching people to achieve personal and professional growth. Having worked as part of executive groups and managed teams of varying sizes, she has a first-hand appreciation and deep understanding of the challenges faced by leaders.
As a coach Julie is challenging and persistent, but in a supportive way. She helps her clients to clarify their thinking, find their own solutions and develop strategies they are committed to… then she inspires the determination required to make changes and become what they want to be. The measurable result from Julie’s coaching is a shift in attitude and behaviour: real transformational change.
Julie is also an engaging facilitator. Working with groups of 5 to 25, she confidently facilitates leadership development workshops, team development activities and strategic planning workshops. She has delivered in-house presentations for groups of up to 500 and spoken at national and international conferences.
Coaching (face-to-face & virtual):
Executive and leadership coaching across Asia-Pacific region
coach skills training
leadership development training
team development workshops
focus groups, retreats and reviews
strategic and operational planning
Education and Training
- Accredited Organisational Coach with the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (Sydney). Levels 1-3.
- Master of Business Administration (Executive), University of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology), University of Queensland.
- Senior Management Development Program, Mount Eliza Business School.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Certificate in Positive Psychology.
- Trained CINERGY Conflict Coach.
- Certified in PRINT® Diagnostic Tool.
- Accredited in BTS Coach coaching methodology.
- Experience debriefing a variety of diagnostic reports and leadership capability surveys.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Re-credentialing requires ongoing continuing coach education and regular Supervision/Mentoring with a higher qualified coach.
Owner, Julie Lines Coaching and Facilitation
Associate Coach and Facilitator with:
- BTS Coach
- Coach Studio
2018: President, ICFA South Australian Branch, leading a team of 7 coaches.
2017: ICFA SA President-Elect.
2016: ICFA SA Membership Coordinator.
2013-2014: Internal Coach, UNSW Canberra Campus.
2000-2014: University Leadership and Management Roles:
- Executive Officer and Acting General Manager, UNSW Canberra Campus, Australian Defence Force Academy.
- Manager of Student Administration, UNSW Canberra Campus.
- Manager of Academic Facilities, University of Queensland.
- Manager of Student Services, Faculty of Arts, University of Queensland.
- 2015-current: Member of Governing Council and Chair, Education and Wellbeing Committee, Parkside Primary School (SA).
- 2016: Coach with World Youth International, PEP program.
- 2014: Pro-bono coaching in the NFP sector, through ICF (ACT).
I’m passionate about the work that I do as a coach and facilitator. I work with my clients to identify key strengths and target the areas for growth that will make the biggest difference to their performance and leadership, or quality of life. The impact of my coaching, as described by clients:
“Julie is an excellent coach – she has the skill of being able to bring out insights from your inner-self that you were unaware of and help you to take a new direction on the basis of this.”
“My coaching experience [with Julie] has had a profound effect on me. Julie’s coaching has made me reassess what I really want with my life, both professionally and personally.”
"I’d lost my mojo; Julie set me on a path to get it back. She listened. She challenged. She armed me with tools. She broadened my thinking about my life, my work and ultimately, myself. Our coaching sessions made what had been a muddle in my head keeping me awake at night, merge into a clear way forward.”
“I was stuck … I had no focus and wasn’t sure where to turn next. Through coaching with Julie I feel centred, energised, relieved and ready to take action again.”
Julie has worked with:
NSW Department of Education
Department for Education & Child Development (SA)
HSBC Bank (Global)
Aegis Dentsu Network (Australia and Global)
Heart Foundation (National)
Australian Higher Education Sector:
- University of Adelaide,
- University of South Australia,
- Flinders University,
- University of New South Wales.